Oakview Medical Care Facility provides a broad range of high quality, comprehensive, skilled long term health care services to the residents of Mason County, Michigan.
- We promote, encourage and support each resident’s individual dignity, privacy, rights and independence.
- We strive to create a home-like environment which preserves and upholds each resident’s quality of life.
- We seek to maximize each resident’s level of function, with the ultimate goal of enabling them to return home to their family and community.
- We strive to provide quality care that will meet or exceed state and federal health care standards.
We exist… to care for those in need in our community and enrich the lives of those we serve
In keeping with our desire to treat all we encounter like family, we continually strive to maintain the highest ethical standards along with living our beliefs and values of:
- Respect for all
At Oakview we:
- recognize our responsibility as a public entity to serve our community and welcome all who seek our care
- promote an environment that is vibrant, alive and nurturing for residents, families and staff
- provide the highest level of quality care in a holistic manner
- challenge ourselves to evolve as an organization to meet changing needs through a variety of programs and services
- seek to be prudent in the use of our resources
- endeavor to be an active collaborator within the broader continuum of health and human service providers
- Dedicated local Medical Director and Assistant Medical Director
- In-house licensed therapists on staff to support comprehensive skilled rehabilitation program
- Facility bus for resident appointments and activity outings
- Individual flat screen televisions and cable provided to each resident
- A resident computer and free facility-wide wireless internet
- Enclosed corridor to hospital provides for ease of transfers and access to dialysis
Oakview Medical Care Facility was established in November 1966 as a county-owned and operated seventy-six bed non-profit skilled nursing facility, and is governed by the Mason County Human Services Board. The facility underwent a major expansion and renovation in 1998. In 2009, the addition of a twenty bed Alzheimer’s/Dementia Special Care Unit was completed. Known as the Sutter Living Center, this Unit was named in honor of Dr. William F. Sutter who served as Oakview’s Medical Director for over twenty-five years.
But Oakview is more than the brick and mortar of our building; more than furnishings and beds and equipment. Oakview is our people – our professional, administrative and service staff. Each and every employee is committed to enhancing the quality of life of our residents and helping create a positive, caring environment…like family.
Who We Serve
Oakview provides skilled long term nursing care for patients requiring post-operative rehabilitative services, and basic long term nursing care for residents unable to function independently in their home setting. Oakview’s goal is to rehabilitate its residents and return them to their homes.
Oakview belongs to you – the residents of Mason County. We do not serve stockholders, corporations, or private owners. We are here for you.
What We Provide
Oakview tailors each resident’s care to his or her specific needs. Available services include twenty-four hour nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, recreational therapy, speech therapy, and routine medical visits by attending physicians.
Oakview has 96 Medicare and Medicaid licensed skilled nursing beds.
Oakview provides in house physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. Pharmacy services are provided through a specialized pharmacy (an Omnicare Company).
The facility has a “Hospitality Suite” which provides 24-hour support to family members whose loved one is in the end stages of life.
Oakview works hard to provide home-like amenities, with carefully prepared meals, pleasant surroundings, indoor and outdoor areas for relaxation. In addition, social activities, like visits from “Elvis,” are offered to residents seven days a week.
Like Family ~