Oakview’s COVID-19 Reporting Update for today.
|Exhibiting Respiratory Symptoms in Last 72 Hours||Total
Notice: 08-01-2020 2:54 p.m.: We want to inform you that we have received confirmation that an empoloyee has tested positive for COVID-19. We want you to assure you that the safety of our residents and staff is our top priority and we are doing everything we can to prevent the spread within our facility. We are staying in very close communications with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all of the appropriate steps.
Steps that have been taken today:
- All staff have been notified through the automated call system.
- Families have been notified through the automated call system.
- Residents are being notified before the end of the day by nursing staff.
- All residents are receiving a COVID-19 test before the end of the day today.
- Vendors and families that have been in the building for compassionate care visits are being notified.
- Compassionate care visits are being suspended until further notice.
- Residents that were in contact with the positive employee are being isolated in their rooms and required to wear face-masks if leaving their rooms for 14 days (or as instructed by the Health Department).
- Our website has been updated.
Steps that will be ongoing:
- Weekly testing of all employees will continue.
- Residents will be tested weekly until we have zero positive results after 14 days.
- Required reporting to the State and CDC will be updated to the employee’s positive test result and continue to be updated daily.
As always staff has stepped up to help today with testing and to keep the residents and families informed. Oakview has great team that rises to the occasion! We will get past this together!
Notice: As of July 23, 2020, Governor Whitmer signed EO 2020-156 (previously EO 2020-136) to maintain restrictions on visitation to health care facilities and will remain in effect through August 31, 2020. This of course continues to mean that we must restrict visitors coming into Oakview. We know that this is not easy and we apologize for the inconvenience and heartbreak. We are continuing to look forward to better days.
Automated calls: Oakview is using an automated communication system. If you change your phone number or want the calls to go to a different number make sure to contact Kathleen at 231-845-5185 ext 228.
Nursing Home and Facility Complaint Letter and Form
How to Reach Residents
Resident Cordless Phones
General Side- 231-843-1496 and 231-233-4720
Resident Cordless Phone in the SLC- 231-843-7172
We now have two options for video chatting: Face-time for iPhone’s and Google Duo for any brand of phone. Please make sure to download the apps prior to setting up a time to video chat. Please call Mandy Ohman with questions and to get on the schedule. 231-854-5183 (ext. 259)
To call with questions : Oakview Medical Care: 231-845-5185
- Mary Jo, Director of Social Services – ext. #261 MClaire@oakviewmcf.com
- Mandy, Director of Activities – ext. #259 MOhman@Oakviewmcf.com
- Main Nurses Station – ext. #234
- SLC Nurses Station – ext. #257